BELTON, Texas — The July drowning of a Fort Hood soldier at lake near the U.S. Army base in Central Texas was an accident, according to a final autopsy report.
Final results from the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences in Dallas supported initial reports from the Bell County Sheriff's Office that Pvt. Mejhor Morta, 26, had drowned, TV station KVUE reported Monday.
Sheriff’s deputies were called to Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Belton on July 17 just after midnight when fishermen in found a body in the water at the base of a dam. It was identified as Morta's.
Morta is one of 28 soldiers who have died at Fort Hood this year, according to data from Fort Hood officials. The 28 deaths include five homicides, plus accidents, suicides, deaths from illness, cases still under investigation and one combat-related death.
Fort Hood has one of the highest rates of murder, sexual assault and harassment in the Army, Secretary Ryan D. McCarthy said in August.
Earlier this month, Democratic Reps. Stephen Lynch of Massachusetts and Jackie Speier of California sent a letter to McCarthy requesting documents and information on the deaths as part of a congressional investigation.
This article was written by The Associated Press from The Associated Press and was legally licensed through the Industry Dive publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to email@example.com.Show Full Article
© Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- دادگاه گفت که این مرد با اتهاماتی مواجه است که میچ مک کانل را تهدید کرده است
- سایت کربن فعال | تجهیز یار
- 50 سال پس از آپولو 13 فرد Haise مذاکرات ویروس تاسف
- آلاباما گارد ملی واحد می شود Sendoff -- بدون مخاطب
- 'ما باید انرژی:' نظامی پزشکان از بین بردن فرسوده کارکنان در نیویورک بیمارستان
- آنچه که Everybody باید آشنایی با اسباب بازی
- دادگاه تجدید نظر دستور اخراج مایکل فلین دادستان
- پادکست: انقلاب ماری جوانای کالیفرنیا در 25 سالگی
- ما سربازان مجروح در تصادف آموزش
- فروشگاه اینترنتی پادمیرا